What is an Oral Therapist?
An Oral Health Therapist is a dental professional that has obtained a dual qualification in dental therapy and dental hygiene.
They provide dental hygiene services to patients of all ages and the following dental therapy services to children and adolescents:
- Dental examinations, diagnosis and forming treatment plans
- Taking x-rays and OPG's
- Preparing cavities and fillings
- Fisher sealants
- Extracting primary teeth under local anaesthetics if required.
- Provide preventive treatment
- Provide oral health education and dietary counselling.